A Letter of Claim or Claim Letter is written to notify an employee of incomplete or unsatisfactory work on a specific project. For example, you’ve hired someone to decorate your home/office, but left it incomplete or did not fulfill your expectations. In this case, you would write a letter of claim stating the faults and what action should be taken.
The following phrases make claims against unproductive or unsatisfactory work.
- As someone who has worked with…
- We were very disappointed to find/see/have discovered…
- As our written agreement stipulated, we expected…
- I think you will consider the problematic roots our partnership…
- We would like you to provide…., or provide us with a refund.
Few Tips to Writing an Effective Claim Letter
- Specify the type of claim in a statement at the beginning of your letter. (e.g. insurance claim)
- State the policy or account number if relevant.
- Describe the specific set of circumstances or details of the claim. Provide all relevant facts concerning the faults of the claim.
- Write the amount sum for the service and state what action you expect to be taken.
- Refer to any documents included with the claim letter, any claim forms, repair estimates, warranty, or records or receipts.
- Inquire whether are any further documents are necessary for proof.
- If you are enclosing documents of proof with your claim mention the content of the documents and illustrate how they support your claim.
- Specify that would like to receive a reply letter promptly.
- Thank your recipient for his/her anticipated efforts before ending the letter.
General Claim (Complaint) Letter Template:
[Other contact details you may wish to give, phone, e-mail etc]
[Name of contact person, if available]
[Title, if available]
[Customer Services Manager, if you don't have a contact name]
Re: [Account number, product, service etc]
Dear [Contact Person or Customer Service Manager],
On [date], I [bought, rented, had serviced etc] a [name of product with model number, service performed etc] at [location and other details of the transaction].
I am unsatisfied with your [product, service, billing etc.] has [not performed as it should, was wrong etc] because [state the problem as you understand it giving as much detail as possible].
To resolve the problem I would appreciate your [state the action you require e.g. refund, service performed again etc]. Enclosed is a copy/are copies of the [receipt, contract etc].
I look forward to hearing from you and to a resolution of this problem. I will wait for [set a time limit] before seeking help from [Trading Standards, consumer group, solicitor etc. Please contact me at the above address or by phone [give numbers].
[Print Your Name]
Enclosures: [state documents you have enclosed, if any]
Cc: [Include Name, Company if you want to send a copy of this letter to someone]
Incoming search terms:
- Claim Letter Format
- how to write a claim letter examples
- claim letter template
- how to write a claim letter
- FORMAL LETTER TO INSURANCE COMPANY ABOUT CLAIM
- Letter Writing Templates
- appela forms examples
- examples of claim letters
- claim letters
- claim letter format example