A letter of interest, is also known as a letter sent to your prospective employer. The purpose of this inquiry letter is to express your interest in a particular field of the company. Highlighting your skills as an invaluable asset to the company is an important part of the process. It is important that the letter of interest convinces the prospective employer. After all, the prospective must believe that you are a worthy candidate of his time and effort to set up an appointment.
Specifically, a letter of interest should contain information of why you are interested in the position you are seeking. And provide a clear summary of why your skills and experience are especially contributing to the position you are interested in.
Here are some basic tips to touch up on your letter of interest.
- Do your homework. Make sure you research on the company’s profile.
- Read their mission statement. The company’s core principles shouldn’t stray so far away from your own.
- Find out more about their product and/or services.
- Some company’s list the HR department contact number on their website. Find out who is responsible of the interviewing process.
- Find out the name of the person in charge of the interviewing process. Its important so that you may address to this person in your letter of interest.
- Be professional. Proof read your work before sending it out. Check for any possible grammatical or spelling errors.
- Some company’s prefer mail-ins. Print the letter out in off white sheet color.
- Send an original.
- Keep it to one page. Be clear, concise and to the point.
- Stay relevant. Write why you are interested and what skills suit the position you seek.
- Honesty is the best policy.
- Give clear examples of your qualifications and strengths.
- Avoid abbreviating credentials.
- Direct him/her to your resume or other enclosures.
- In closing, thank the individual for his or her time.
- Remember to list forms on how he/she may contact you to set up an appointment.
Letter of Interest Template:
Your City, State, Zip Code
Your Phone Number
City, State Zip
Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name,
I am interested in [specify field] and I would like to inquire about positions at [Company's Name] Professional Leadership Program has been recommended to me as one of most highly esteemed corporate finance training programs in the industry. I would be interested in learning more about the company and about available opportunities.
I have a Master’s Degree in [related to field of interest] from [Accredited School Name]. In addition, I completed two internships focusing on [related to field of interest] and spent a summer work for [Corporation's Name] at its Culver City headquarters.
My resume, which is enclosed, contains additional information on my experience and skills. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the leadership program with you and to provide further information on my skills. I can be reached via my [contact medium], [number] or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you about this exciting new opportunity.
Your Typed Name
Incoming search terms:
- letter of interest sample
- letter of interest
- letter of interest example
- Sample Letter Of Interest
- Letter Of Interest Examples
- Letter Of Interest Format
- letter of interest samples
- Job Letter Of Interest Examples
- letters of interest
- letter of interest for job