It is often a good idea to follow up with a Thank You Letter after an interview. A Thank You Letter should promptly follow after two days within the interview date.
It is modest form of expression to thank the employer for his/her time during the interview.
The intent of this letter is to:
- Demonstrate an appreciation for the employer’s interest in you.
- Reinstate your interest to work with the company.
- Review and highlight briefly your qualifications. If you left out something during the interview this is the right time to bring up.
- Express yourself politely.
- Follow up with any information the employer might have requested during the interview.
- Thank You Letters could be either be sent as a hard-copy typed, e-mailed, or hand-written.
- Hard-Copy typed is recommended provided it is the most professional.
- Hand-written letters are casual. It is appropriate for brief notes for individuals met on-site.
- Email is appropriate as a supplement to a hard-copy (written or typed). E-mail copy’s are economical, arriving in timely fashion.
Thank You Letter Template:
City, State, CA
Dear Mr./Ms. Contact,
Thank you so much for your time and the privilege of having an interview with you yesterday, October 25, during your recruiting visit to Vitcom Headquarters.
The management trainee program you highlighted seems both challenging and rewarding and I look forward in anticipation to your decision concerning an on-site visit.
I am privileged that you took much time out of your schedule to acquaint me with the company. I am confident I could learn a great deal from you and would undoubtedly enjoy working with you.
In addition to my qualifications and experience.
I will bring excellent work habits and judgment to this position. With the countless demands on your time, I am sure that you require people who can be trusted to carry out their responsibilities with minimal supervision.
I look forward to hearing from you regarding your hiring decision. Again, thank you for your time and consideration.
Your Contact Information