Appearance & Classification
-Instead of writing Curriculum Vitae at the beginning of your CV. I recommend you to use the page for your own information and prepare acover letterto hand with the CV.
- Even if your CV has got an appropriate appearance you should be a bit more careful about aligning. You should definitely use the tab button.
- State the dates for all titles either on the left or on the right; either at the top or bottom.
- Don’t forget to state your e-mail address. Keep your contact info together.
- The most important thing in a CV is job experience. I recommend you to carry this part a bit up and make it a bit more detailed.
- You should definitely write the Computer Skills in more detail. Form another part to write about certificates you have; courses or seminar you have attended, if there is any.
- Never ever write expressions like “Meeting people and learning new skills” in the Interest part. Write what you really do or what you really enjoy doing.
There are no grammatical mistakes.
P.S: If you prepare your CV for a specific workplace and a specific position, then it would be much more effective to deliver it with a cover letter. See example cover letters here: how to write a cover letter
We cannot be sure that we identify all the points that can better your CV, however if you benefit from this free service of ours, please share it with your friends.
25 East West Lane
Off Port View 08037655523, 08013258722
Port Harcourt Rivers State
Born 27th Oct 1985
To work with existing staff and facilities, contributing the best of my ability and quota to improve the organisational objectives and managerial goals
2010-current University of Lagos, Lagos State.
M.Sc. Nutrition and Toxicology (in view)
2003-2007 University of Calabar, Cross River State.
B.Sc. Biochemistry (2nd Class Honours, Upper Division)
1996-2002 Command Secondary School, Benin, Edo State.
West African Secondary School Certificate Examination
Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM) Nov 2009
HSE Levels II and III (Shell Petroleum Development Company licensed training under the auspices of Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals) Safety Officer June 2010
Aug 2010-current Gumba Marine Limited
Mar 2009-July 2010 First City Monument Bank (FCMB)
Feb 2008-Mar 2009 National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)
Desktop publishing, computer appreciation and Internet appreciation
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with a team
- Integrity and transparent honesty
- Self motivated and target oriented
Meeting people and learning new skills