Many businesses don’t realize but a great sales orderacknowledgment is a great way to step up the amount of customer’s knowledge about your business.
Provided that it establishes business credentials provides a detail summary of products and/or services purchased by your customer.
A sales order should thank the customer for his or her order, recap the contents of the order, and give relevant information pertaining to the details of their order.
A sales order will contain customer’s contact information, shipping and billing details. It should include a price index querying all the information on their recent purchase.
This record archives a detail summary of the customer’s order for future reference. A sales order may also include a notification as to whether there are bulk discounts.
The end of sales order should conclude with a brief statement establishing the quality of reputation for services or mission statement.
The important thing is to provide the customer with more information about the company.
It shouldn’t be particularly enticing but rather just to let the customer know the company’s core principles and assuring them that they’re in good hands with dealing with an authentic business.
Sales Order is designed to contain a detail summary of items or services purchased by the customer, along with due dates for delivery, price index, record of deposits, and payment installation due dates.
Sales order can be entered in various ways.
- Manual Entry
- Order Import
- Copy of archive sales order
- Convert from a quote
- From other CRM modules
- From a Blanker Sales Agreement
A Sales Order body should include the following information:
- Customer Name
- Customer PO Reference Number
- Shipping Information
- Billing Information
- Order Number
- Order Type
- Sales Order date
- Price Index
- Sales Person
- Order Status: Active, Pending Payment, Out-of-Stock, etc.
- Order Subtotal, Tax, Deposit Fees, Installment Payments
Additional Information should determine the following:
- Payment Terms – Sets the payment due date
- Shipping Instructions – Additional Information for Shipping Clerk
- Credit Card type, Card Holder, Approval Code Information for credit card sales orders
- Shipping Method – Air/Ground/Sea
- Freight Terms
- Shipping Priority
- Packing Instructions – Additional Information for Packers
- Payment Type – Credit, Cash, EFT, Check
Sales Order Index should include:
- Item SKU, Quanity, UOM
- Unit price
- Sales date and Schedules ship date