- Be sure to highlight technical skills relevant to the position of inquiry.
- Go through the job advertisement and check the technical skills necessary.
- Mention your proficiency in these technical and/or language tools.
- Bullet points your technical skills for an easy-readable appeal.
- Use action keywords to create a dynamic proactive appeal (e.g. analyzed, directed, controlled, expanded, evaluated, influenced, implemented, revised, launched, scheduled, solved, motivated)
- Use a professional format and use of language.
- At the top of the cover page include your contact information.
- Use salutation such as Dear Mr. /Ms. [Last Name].
- Keep your letter organized into subdivided sections.
- Emphasize your technical expertise, interpersonal skills, education, and achievements.
- Use an informative tone.
- Select an easy-to-read font and formatting style.
JobApplication LetterTemplatefor Software Engineer Position:
[Full Recipient’s Name]
Dear [Human Resources Name]
Please accept this letter and the attached resume for the Software Engineer position advertised [date] on [Ad Source].
As you can see, I have a master’s degree in Computer Science and over three years of programming experience. In my present position, I am involved in project management including analyzes and defines for data, work-flow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external check. Additionally, as Senior Programmer, I have the opportunity working closely with other staff, such as graphic artist, systems analysts, and sales and marketing professionals and analyze existing systems and programs and branch out to new systems or remodel current systems with major/minor modifications.
Additionally, my extensive background and qualifications, include an intensely fluency in the following language specializations relevant to the technologies employed in software programming including Java, C++ and C#.NET.
I would be more than glad to go over with you an array of additional details to elucidate more in-detail my background and qualifications. I will follow up with you next week to discuss this exciting opportunity. I appreciate your consideration, and I look forward to talking with you.