Demand Letter Tips:
- Begin with addressing the recipient’s name with ‘Dear’
- Be assertive and professional in your writing.
- Provide any records of proof to show that recipient’s account that indicates that he/she has not followed in recent payment(s).
- Proof-Read. Make sure the document is free of any spelling and/or grammatical errors.
- Specify the dates and amount summary on frozen account.
Final Demand for Payment Template:
Objective: Final Demand for Payment
Dear [Contact Name],
On [date] we called your attention to your account balance in the amount of $_______.
According to our records we have not received either a reply to our letter or a remittance to clear this account.
We extended credit to you on your account in good faith and expected payment under our normal thirty day terms which we feel are most reasonable.
So that no further action on our part will be necessary, we shall expect a remittance by return mail or the courtesy of reply to our letter as to why payment is being withheld.
Please contact us at once after receiving this mail.
[Your Phone Number]
[Your Company’s Email]