-Numbering the items and using text box in a resume is rare. Instead of this; you should prefer to use bold titles and some marks.
– I recommend you to write together the titles that are related to each other, and even if possible to order by using fewer titles.
– It makes your resume look complicated to use such similar titles.
– I would recommend you to keep the margin below the titles a little bit wider and use either thin or light & dark colours to separate them.
– Actually, the first place that an employer looks at is your career background. You clarified that quite well. Write this title just before or after the “academic qualification” title. You may change the “Other Qualifications” title with “Courses and Certifications” title.
-Since you have a little work experience, it would be good to use much space for your objectives. This is just the right place where you can give the employer reasons to hire you for the position you want. If you prepare a cover letter/em> too, you don’t need to write “objective” part in your resume.
– A long resume doesn’t mean a good resume. Think like an employer and don’t write anything else apart from the things you think that they are necessary.
P.S: If you prepare your CV for a specific workplace and a specific position, then it would be much more effective to deliver it with a cover letter. See example cover letters here: what is cover letter
We cannot be sure that we identify all the points that can better your CV, however if you benefit from this free service of ours, please share it with your friends.
‘LEWKE TRADERS’, MIDIGAMA, AHANGAMA, SRI LANKA
PHONE NUMBER +940783582949/+940412250095
To be an entity of a well- established and prestigious company for mutual benefits where I will climb a successful career ladder while working best of my ability towards the development of the company.
02. PERSONEL DETAILS
Date of birth 07.06.1987
Nic number 876590743v
Civil status single
03.1 Following Post Graduate diploma in Conflict & Peace Studies at Faculty of graduate studies University of Colombo.Sri lanka
03.2 .B.A Peace and conflict resolution degree offered by University of Kelaniya Sri Lanka.-2010 passed with a second class (upper division)
Core subjects Elective subjects
Peace and conflict resolution Human resources management
03.3 Final year dissertation about domestic violence & judicial procedure
03.4Passed G.C.E Advance level examination in 2006
Three distinctions from Arts stream
03.5 Passed G.C.E.Ordinary level examination in 2003
English A Health science A
Mathematics A Sinhala B
Social studies A Science C
Buddhism A Home science C
Development studies A Dancing C
04. OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
04.1 Following diploma in information & communication technology at ICBT southern Campus
04.2 In 2010 followed a diploma course in human right at university of Peradeniya
04.3 In 2009 completed a certificate course in human right university of Peradeniya
04.4 In 2010 completed a certificate course in English for final year students at ELTU university of Kelaniya
04.5 In 2009 successfully completed certificate course in English at IHRA university of Colombo
04.6 In 2007 successfully completed certificate course in Nature of law at centre for professional studies
04.7 In 2004 completed Aquinas certificate course in English at southern technical institute
05. CAREER HISTORY
INTERN OF ARBEITOR SAMERITOR BUND
- Provide support to ASB project staff and LST program officer as appropriate such as training ASB staff in arias such as documentation research networking organizing and training
- Support to the field staff to do their current context analyses and support them to design training and coaching program to the NGO s in ‘Recovery to serve’(RTS) project
- Support to the RTS field staff on their monitoring activities related to NGO progress
- Support district secretary office (DSO) project staff with planning and designing training sessions
06. STRENGTHS AND SKILLS
05.1 Sound knowledge in both writing and oral communication of English and Sinhala
05.2 Capable of working with Microsoft office package
05.3 Self motivated and willing to set goals and work to achieve them
05.4 Team player and posses an excellent inter personal relation
05.5 dynamic characters
07. EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
06.1 Announcer in department of philosophy at university of Kelaniya
06.2 Member of media unit at Sanghamiththa College. Galle
06.3 Secretary of arts society in Sanghamiththa college .Galle
06.3 School badminton player
08. NAMES OF NON RELATED REFREES